[Rhythmbox-devel] Unable to play wav files

Hi,

rhymbox doesn't seem to like any of my wav files, although gstreamer
doesn't seem to have problem playing them. I've even tried small wav
files such as the gaim sounds, but no luck. file returns this for 2 of
the files:

$ file receive.wav (gaim sound)
receive.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16
bit, mono 22050 Hz
]$ file Persian\ Traditional\ Avaz-e\ Dashti.wav
Persian Traditional Avaz-e Dashti.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE
audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo 44100 Hz

rhymbox is version 0.8.5 as built by debian sid, so it's using the
gstreamer backend. gstreamer version is the same as that in debian sid
also, which is 0.8.5 also.

Any help would be really appreciated.

-khc