WiFi and PPPoe

Hi,

to connect to my DSL provider with wireless network, I have to:
- set up a static IP
- use PPPoe (with pon dsl-provider)

I do not use NetworkManager now. I have instead parametered everything
with command line tools (iwconfig, ifconfig and pppoeconf).
It works quite well. But the connection is sometimes down, and I have
to use the command line to repair it.
While I'm ok with that, the other peoples that use the computer do not
have the skills to do that.

I though that I could use NetworkManager to configure the network and
display information through the nm-applet.
I tried with the live CD of Ubuntu 8.10 (which use NetworkManager v 0.7)

I could:
- set up a static IP in wireless mode.
- set up a PPPoe connection in wired mode.

But I could not set up a PPPoe connection in wireless mode.

Is it an actual limitation of NetworkManager? Or am I missing something?
Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Yann