Re: GNOME Logo Font

On 8/13/05, J.B. Nicholson-Owens <jbn forestfield org> wrote:
> [My apology for sending this only to Luis Villa.  I had intended to respond to
> the entire mailing list.]
>
> Luis Villa wrote:
>  > None of those seem quite as aesthetically pleasing as the current
>  > pairing [...]
>
> I disagree,

in matters of taste... yadda, yadda :)

> I think Bitstream Vera Sans Bold (the alternative in the upper left
> of the 2X2 matrix on http://www.linuxgrrl.com/gnome-logos/) looks quite nice.

That is definitely my favorite of the four.

>  > [...] but it sure would be nice to be consistent and uh,
>  > not have to send people to ms every time they need the fonts :)
>
> Correcting an embarassment in the official logo is a good thing.

Absolutely 100% agreed there :)

(and I realize I forgot to say thanks to Mairin for whipping these up
so quick... I've become so conditioned to folks bickering over silly
stuff that I didn't actually expect to see these. so, thanks :)

Luis