Re: Automated regression testing of GUIs written with gtk+

In case anyone else wants to automate testing of their gtk-2.x application, I have got a workaround for the failure to build shared libraries: you simply steal the libtool from your build of atk-1.2, there is something screwed with the ltconfig and/or ltmain.sh or the way they interact with RH8.0 I guess. Anyway if you replace the libtool and re-run the make you get the libraries you want in src/.libs It doesn't run gtk-1.2 applications though, as far as I can see (not surprizing really).

Richard

Richard Shann wrote:

Thanks for pointing me to gnome-test-tool - it has taken me to now to build it, because I had to upgrade to gtk-2.0 ... It built ok except for cc1: unrecognized option `-fnonnull-objects' which gcc 3.2 doesn't like (I left it out). HOWEVER, when I try to use it the application complains it can't find libgtt.so and indeed no such thing has been built. Do I need to do something to get it to build shareable libraries?
Again many thanks,

Richard Shann

Soeren Sandmann wrote:

Richard Shann <richard shann virgin net> writes:

2) can I get rid of my small lead weight? That is, would something
like gtk_main_do_event() or XSendEvent() enable  me to truly automate
the tests?

Take a look at the gnome-test-tool, which you can check out of the
gnome cvs.