Re: locale not supported by Xlib

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Sanghun Park wrote:
> For locale setting to "C"
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
> Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers
>
> For locale setting to "POSIX"
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
> Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

	I'm not exactly sure what is wrong, but I also had the same
problem and, like you, tried changing various locale settings without
success.

	I can't remember how far I got, but I got as far as believing that
I should have upgraded to a more recent version of X11.  You can give this
a try if it is easy for you to do this; but note that this is only a
guess!  GTK+ worked for some machines that I ran on and for others, it
gave the above error.  The only common factor I could think of was that
the error occurred on machines with older versions of X11.  As I didn't
have permissions to upgrade X11, I did not actually try it.

	Note that all machines used X11R6, but the newer ones had a newer
update of X11R6.

Ray