Re: Tungsten-E problems with gnome-pilot on Fedora 7

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 17:07 -0300, George N. White III wrote:
> RH were slow to provide a version with libusb enabled, so I compiled
> it myself, but I think this has now been done via an update.

No distro should be shipping with Palm libusb enabled by default.

They're more than welcome to build their pilot-link/libpisock packages
with libusb support, but enabling that iterface by default (i.e.
disabling visor in the process), is definitely not something they should
be doing.

libusb, while it works reliably for some, still isn't fully debugged to
be "production-ready" for all devices.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com