Re: GnomeMeeting / OpenH323 [Was: 2.4 Module List]

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 15:10, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > If GnomeMeeting can drag OpenH323 and pwlib, and Epiphany can drag
> > Mozilla, surely, Totem should be able to drag xine-lib ^_^
>
> Well, justify why you are using xine-lib in Totem and not an already
> existing desktop library like gstreamer ;)

Because xine-lib is more suitable for a media player than gstreamer is,
at the moment. Julien Moutte is working on a port to GStreamer, but it
will be some time before a gst-Totem can do what the xine-Totem can do
(navigation for DVDs and SVCDs, CDDA for more than just Linux, OSD).

I prefer focusing myself on the application rather than the framework.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

#2  0x4205a2cc in printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity) from
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 printf ("Oh my %s\n", preferred_deity);
Segmentation fault