Login trouble

First, let me say that I'm not sure where my question goes.   Hopefully, you can help.

The guy who put the Linux OS on my computer has not responded to my messages.

Every time I tap the space bar to 'wake up' my computer, I have to login.   If the phone rings, it will go to sleep and I have to log in again, over and over.   Sometimes during use, I get a box that wants my password again.   I can't stand it!   I have searched all over, but can't find anything that will help.   All I find is how to enable logins.   I want to disable the logins.

I don't know what Gnome is or why it's on my computer, but I thought I'd try you.

When is anyone going to make computer language easy to understand?   I don't find the terms in any glossary, but the glossaries are written for those who already know all this.   I had Microsoft before and hated it because of well-known issues, and was told this system would be easier and I'd love it.   I want to.   If only I could use it . . . .

If you know anything that will help me, I would greatly appreciate it.   I'm a single mom and don't have the time to spend hours each day searching out all the problems I have.

Thanks,  Wanda Moore