glom problems

I'm attempting to test glom. I realize that it isn't a fully operational
solution yet, but I want to use it in parallel with my existing solution
so I can give you some feedback.

I'm using version 0.9.6 of Glom on Ubuntu Dapper on an Athlon 64 X2 with
2 GB ram. After installing Glom and configuring postgres so that my user
can create new tables, I attempted to create a new Glom document. I was
able to create a database, add a table, and add fields to the table, but
that is all it will allow me to do. It would not allow me to set field
values, so I switched from the Developer user level to the Operator user
level. At the Operator user level, it still will not allow me to set
field values, and it will also not permit me to return to the Developer
user level. When I attempt to, I get the following message:

"Developer mode is not available. Check that you have sufficient
database access rights and that the glom file is not read-only."

I would like to be able to test the functionality of Glom more
extensively. I'm particularly interested in experimenting with the
Python scripting support. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get
it to allow me to enter the Developer user level again, or input actual
data?

Thanks!

--
Ryan Paul <segphault sbcglobal net>