Re: [gedit-list] Project management, subversion/SCM integration

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Matej Cepl <mcepl redhat com> wrote:
Why patches? Wouldn't be better to make it into plugin?

Matěj

I think that these changes would need to be patches because the gedit plugin API would not support adding file status notifications related to a source code manager, nor complete project integration into gedit.  An example might be reading all of the python source in a project, and providing code completion based on that source.

My sources for this are:
http://september.jicksta.com/gedit-2.15.3-docs/reference/html/ch01.html
http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/PythonPluginHowTo

If I'm missing something please let me know.  Thanks.

--
Vic Fryzel