Re: gtk1.2 font size.

Jeff - I know this isn't GARNOME related, but it is a question that
GNOME testers will have (and not just on Debian), so I'm cc'ing the list
for the sake of people who might have the same question in the future.
Anyway I'll keep it short.

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 16:40, Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
> I think it is a Debian special issue...since i'm on a fresh sid
> instalation, i notice that we dont have anymore gfontsel in apt tree.
> Anybody knows how can i change the font size of all gtk1.2 apps??

Make sure your .gtkrc includes the line

include "/home/username/.gtkrc.mine"

Then manually edit the .gtkrc.mine to set the correct font, for example:

style "default" {
      font="-microsoft-verdana-medium-r-normal-*-*-90-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1"
}
widget_class "*" style "default"

the -90- part is what sets the font size.

> And have anyone tested that hint from jdub linking libXft.so.2 to
> libgdkxft??

Works perfectly for me with evolution 1.1-snapshot - the fonts in
evolution look just like my GNOME2/GARNOME apps. Note that debian won't
let you install the libgdkxft0 package if you have gtk2 installed, so
you have to manually install libgdkxft, and then preload it before you
run your gtk 1.x apps. I run evolution from a script called ~/bin/evo,
which looks like this:

#!/bin/bash
export \
LD_PRELOAD=/home/abe/garnome/lib/libXft.so.2:/usr/lib/libgdkxft.so.0
evolution

Abe