Re: GNOME Planet is currently unmaintained

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 09:05:35PM -0800, Corey Burger wrote:
> On 1/28/07, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> > <quote who="Jordi Mas">
> >
> > > For more than three months I have been sending e-mail messages to the
> > > current GNOME Planet editor Jeff Waugh but I got no answer.
> >
> > Hi Jordi,
> >
> > I know a few requests have been waiting in my inbox over the last few weeks
> > or so, as I've been focusing almost 100% on linux.conf.au 2007. I've hardly
> > even had time to delete broken feeds either, which has resulted in a lot of
> > cron damage. ;-
>
> Jeff,
>
> If you are crazy busy, as you usually are, can we get somebody else in
> on the maintenance of planet?

So a lot of people appear on IRC to check that someone is actually
reading their emails re Planet and while Jeff did create Planet,
it's now become a very important piece of GNOME's web presence.
Maybe it's time to make a team responsible for it and feed its
email into Request Tracker so that they know what email is handled.

As Corey says, and by Jeff's own admission, Jeff is often crazy-busy
and it's been this way since before linux.conf.au. I don't see that
really changing any time soon.

I would like to see a team (perhaps lead by Jeff?) formed to take
responsibility for Planet.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA