Re: [Evolution] Evolution Fedora 14 and Exchange server

I finally had a chance to take a look at this error. It comes from here
in the code in src/libexchangemapi/exchange-mapi-connection.c:

       ms = GetHierarchyTable (&obj_folder, &obj_table, TableFlags_Depth
| TableFlags_NoNotifications | TableFlags_UseUnicode, &row_count);
       if (ms != MAPI_E_SUCCESS) {
               make_mapi_error (perror, "GetHierarchyTable", ms);
               result = FALSE;
               goto cleanup;
       }

I did a git clone and compared the file versions from FC13 to FC14:

$ git diff EVOLUTION_MAPI_0_30_1 EVOLUTION_MAPI_0_32_1
src/libexchangemapi/exchange-mapi-connection.c > ~/tmp/mapi-diff

        /* Get the hierarchy table */
-       retval = GetHierarchyTable(&obj_folder, &obj_table, 0,
&row_count);
-       if (retval != MAPI_E_SUCCESS) {
-               mapi_errstr("GetHierarchyTable", GetLastError());
+       ms = GetHierarchyTable (&obj_folder, &obj_table,
TableFlags_Depth | TableFlags_NoNotifications | TableFlags_UseUnicode,
&row_count);
+       if (ms != MAPI_E_SUCCESS) {
+               make_mapi_error (perror, "GetHierarchyTable", ms);
+               result = FALSE;
                goto cleanup;
        }

Note that in version 0.30 (FC13 version) a 0 is passed, but in 0.32
(FC14) it passes these options (TableFlags_Depth |
TableFlags_NoNotifications | TableFlags_UseUnicode) to
GetHierarchyTable(). I assume that the other side of the connection
doesn't support one or more of those options, but is OK with the value
of 0.

I am really not familiar with the protocol here. Before I try go to all
the trouble to try and figure out how to compile this and install it, so
I can set this value to zero and see what happens, I was wondering if
this is may be a bad idea. I can't set up a dummy account on the
exchange server so I can only work with live data and really don't want
to take the chance to drop any emails. Seems you always lose an
important one when that happens.

I assume GetHiearchyTable() sets the values of obj_folder and obj_table
and am wondering if other parts of the code may have problems if these
structures aren't built with these options ?

Mostly interested in whether it could corrupt emails or otherwise lose
messages.

Also, kind of makes me wonder if maybe it's some configuration option on
the exchange side to support all these options. But, again I have no
control over that.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciate.

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis