[Ekiga-list] can not see remote video

Qadir Timerghazin qadir.timerghazin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 00:42:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a problem viewing remote video with Ekiga 2.0.3 (default
package from Ubuntu 6.10).
While I can connect with my wife's Ekiga (2.0.1, Ubuntu 6.05), and
both our computers have webcams, all that we see on both computers is
the local video, the "Remote Video" option is disabled in View menu.
We tried both sip and h261 connections. On the other hand, when I
tried to connect to M$ Netmeeting, it did show the remote video. I
looked through options and tried to google this, with no avail. I am
totally at loss how to troubleshoot this problem. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Qadir Timerghazin

P.S. The only difference between the two computers I can think of is
that my webcam works via V4L2, and the other - via V4L, but that
certainly does not matter since both computers show local video no
problem.