[Ekiga-list] Ekiga is not scaling the image of my webcam

Jan Schampera jan.schampera at web.de
Mon Jul 30 07:50:31 UTC 2007

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:56:10 -0500
Manuel Morales <fisico.manuel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ekiga is not scaling the image of my web cam
>
> ¿What es the solution of this problem?
>
> My distro is PCLinuxOS and my Webcam is a Quick Cam Logitech for
> Notebooks
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/webcams/devices/219&cl=mx,es
>
> I am using the drivers dkms-gspcav (for spca5xx webcams), and
> x11-driver-video-v4l.

Hi Manuel,

the deeper reason for your problem is, that your driver does NOT tell
that there is no support for that resolution. It tells everything is
okay but it sends a cropped picture. Ekiga can't see the difference of
a faked resolution and a real resolution, of course.

Maybe Luc has some further comments about it.

J.