[Ekiga-list] No Glorry with Linux STUN

Dave Sampson dsampson at ncf.ca
Mon Sep 25 00:55:14 UTC 2006

Hey folks,

running Fedora core 5.

Tried following online instructions and had no glorry with getting stun
to be detected... The script did a good job of buggering up my internet.

So I went the failsafe route of port fowarding and now working with
EKIGA and GIZMO now works.

Unlike GENTOO, that I used to use that this process may have worked
nicely. I don't think Fedora like the placement of some of the files or
might have missed a dependency and screamed at me for one of the
IPTABLES commands.

I'd be interested to know if someone had a flawless install on FEDORA
and links to the EXACT instructions they followed incase I missed them.

BTW using gateway router Speedtouch 585, nice gui for port fowarding but
needed to make new application profiles and can only run a single
application form one computer on the network unless you set up specific
rules for each system. So STUN would be ideal for multi computer
networks but at least I have mine going for now.

Cheers

P.S Congrats to the DEV team for getting EKIGA (gnome meeting) going.

= Dave Sampson dsampson at ncf.ca                       =
= Pick up anything in the world and you will find it =
= hitched to everything else in the universe         =
= dsampson at ncf.ca	   			     =