[Ekiga-list] Remote user offline

Michel van der Kleij michel at tukcedo.nl
Wed Oct 4 16:14:40 UTC 2006

Dear All,

>> - Running the Configuration Assistant I get Port Restricted NAT
>> (so FAQ suggests I should be OK) and my firewall logs show no dropped
>> packets, still I get the message Remote user offline all the time.

> Linux behaves as a port restricted NAT but most of the time you will
> only be able to have only one Ekiga behind the same NAT router.

Only one is behind firewall and router. The other one is in another location
but on a machine that has internet access and acts as firewall.

Considering no packets are being dropped, I don't really see why I can't
contact the other system???

> That's another problem. Most probably evolution-data-server or something
> like that is not installed.

OK that figures, I'm not using Evolution. Thought that Ekiga was
self-supporting in this sense. Not to worry.

Thanx again for your help!

Michel.

--
M.J.L. van der Kleij