[Ekiga-list] ATA or Hardware SIP Phones to use with EKIGA/VoIPBuster

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Mon Nov 27 11:33:08 UTC 2006

Le lundi 27 novembre 2006 à 02:37 -0800, George Boyd a écrit :
> I was afraid of that :(  Ekiga is too good and versatile program to not
> use it. I know that you and all the other people that are working on it
> are very busy, is there any possibility that that feature may be
> included in future versions? It was a great idea at the time and I still
> believe that it would be a fantastic feature for Ekiga. No matter what
> programs I've played with, I've found nothing yet that performs as good
> as Ekiga and Ekiga has so many capabilities to do just about everything
> dealing with SIP and VOIP. I don't want to give up Ekiga because it is
> so versatile. If you don't mind, I'd like to add that as a feature
> request.

Unfortunately having Ekiga controlling a hardware phone supposes that we
have hardware :
- either an USB phone
- or Quicknet Hardware

And Quicknet has gone bankrupt, so there is no hope in that direction.
So perhaps supporting USB phone might be an alternative, but I think
that it depends more on ALSA supporting it than Ekiga.
--
 _      Damien Sandras
(o-
          SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net