Re: My thoughts on fallback mode

> What about to have a gnome-shell with a fallback
> mode which works (with function constraints) with the good old metacity
> or other window managers?

*that* would be a kick-ass to step back from "We force you to use Mutter, when
you're going to use GNOME-Shell" attitude. I've been following the discussions
from users point of view and lots (and I mean it) have complained about having
to use Mutter in favour of their current WM.

I know the Mutter/GNOME-Shell guys said they won't, in order to achieve a
better architecture, but well... if you check Plasma, you'll see that you can
*both* have a good architecture and happy users, which aren't forced to use
KWin. I know a lot people who will leave GNOME because of that, or already
left. But the decision is not mine, it's left to the Mutter/GNOME-Shell
maintainers and/or the GNOME-Team.

Just my opinion,
Chris