Re: Window titles

Hi Jon,

> > Like most things in the HIG, all of this will most likely be up
> > for review once we start to properly shape the user experience for
> > 3.0.
>
> Well, really now is the time.  We are in the process of shaping the
> user experience for 3.0.  I encourage designers from Sun, Novell,
> Canonical etc to get involved now - while there is still time.  I've
> literally been begging for involvement from these companies for a year
> now.  And unfortunately, we haven't gotten much if any help yet.  I
> don't know why.

Perhaps the usability list has been seen as a bikeshedding list, far
from useful, certainly it has been less active in recent years, but it
would have been a perfect place to request for involvement (to answer
your "why").  Prhaps it could be refocused to be about "user
experience", and getting together usability people, designers and
artists.

With both you and Jeremy Perry who are working hard on the shell
design, with Andreas Nilsson and friends¹, with the experienced people
from Sun, with designers from OpenSUSE and Ubuntu, in an open but
focused channel, we could assert we have a trusted team in charge, and
avoid accusations of changes being made by lone runners.

Cheers,

        Frederic

¹ 4AF9E957 6000404 home se, "The people in the room was me, Hylke
Bons, Vinicius Depizzol, Jakub Steiner, Garrett Lesarge, Benjamin Berg
and Kalle Persson."