Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 03:49:27PM -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 21:43 +0100, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> > 2008-01-21 klockan 21:08 skrev Behdad Esfahbod:
> > > Which brings us to the logical conclusion that either the big-letter
> > > files should be created from DOAP file automatically, or the other way
> > > around.  I'm sure most agree that other way around is preferred at this
> > > time.  Right?
> >
> > As for the one-time conversion, yes. Otherwise I'd say no.
>
> Then I'm not in favor.  Redundancy is like others have mentioned a
> recipe for one falling out-dated.

Parsing those files is not workable. As said before, this is too much of
a burden on me to keep on adding 'magic' to somehow parse random text
into gnome userids (theoretically: other sysadmins). Due to various
objections raised in the thread I've come to the conclusion that what
would be ideal (IMO) from an infrastructure standpoint is not possible
in practice without ignoring too many maintainers.

As a result, I will not implement my proposal, nor anything related to
the information which would be in doap, including what I've been doing
manually. This includes e.g. svn-commits-list reply-to updates and
damned-lies&&MAINTAINERS->Mango userid 'sync'.
--
Regards,
Olav