Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 23:00 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

>  + fast-user-switch-applet: I think people were okay with it. It'd be
> nice to integrate it in the panel, but I'm not sure it will happen
> because of lack of time (flame me).

I think there is already a patch for it.

>  + gnome-power-manager: I don't remember much discussion. What do you
> think? Is it well-tested?

it's been running on my machine for months with no significant problems

>  + gnome-screensaver: people want this. I'd say we should go with it and
> I believe it's the general consensus, but maybe some people think it's
> not ready yet?

I think it is ready.

>  + nautilus-actions: there were some questions wrt to how it's
> integrated in nautilus. Some people wanted it to be integrated in some
> other way. No consensus, but maybe the issues have been resolved. Anyone
> able to comment?

AFAIR, some people said it would be nice to integrate the code into
Nautilus, which might happen for 2.16, but no time for 2.14. As for UI
integration, it's perfectly integrated into nautilus.

>  + libnotify & notify-daemon: I don't remember seeing it clearly
> proposed on the lists, but when I asked John (or was it Rodrigo?) on
> IRC, he told me it was :-) Probably needs some discussion first, though.
> Some modules already have optional dependency and can use it.

I think it was proposed, not sure now that you mention it. I think it
would be a great addition to 2.14.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>