automake 1.4 landed

Hi,

I checked in all the autogen.sh changes, so you will now need to
either get the latest automake 1.4 tarball, or manually create
symlinks
automake-1.4 -> automake
aclocal-1.4 -> aclocal

This also means that it's now fair game to move modules to automake
1.6 on the HEAD (GNOME 2.1.x) branches. Please use the "automake-1.6"
name when doing so, so that people with 1.4 or 1.5 notice immediately
that they need 1.6, instead of getting confused by weird failures
later on.

Tinderbox should most likely have no binaries called "automake" or
"aclocal" as we want to fix any use of those.

Let me know if I messed anything up.

Havoc