Re: [Banshee-List] Device support for T-Mobile Pulse (Huawei 8220)

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:57 AM, steev182 <stevie mulcahy gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> Would it be possible to get support for the new T-Mobile Pulse? I just bought
>> it to replace my iPhone (it runs Android) and I was hoping it would just
>> work like how my sister's Samsung Galaxy did when I tried it.
>>
>> If you just need a USB ID, my output of lsusb contains this:
>>
>> Bus 001 Device 008: ID 12d1:1501 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
>>
>> If anything else is needed, just let me know and I can find it for you. It'd
>> be awesome if this can work though :D
>
> We have a system for adding vendor/product ids to recognize as Android
> devices, which is ok.  But it would be better if there was a generic
> way of recognizing Android devices, either by the USB information they
> expose via HAL (or devicekit-disks) or by their filesystem layout.
>
> Can you run "hal-device | grep -i android" and see if it returns
> anything?  For my G1 dev phone, I have
>
> udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/storage_serial_HTC_Android_Phone_HT851N003062_0_0'
> info.product = 'Android Phone'
> storage.model = 'Android Phone'
>
> and more.  We could just look for Android in any of those fields.

Ok, I just committed a patch that looks for 'android' in the USB
device's product, name, uuid, and serial, and recognize it as an
Android device if found.  Could you checkout Banshee from git master
and see if that does it for you?

Gabriel